One of our resident companies, zBoost is pleased to announce Federal Communications Commission certification for the zBoost dual band line of cell phone signal booster kits.
“zBoost has always used technology to protect the carriers’ networks and believes that the new FCC certification process is a validation of our technology and products,” said Karen Reynolds, president of zBoost.
zBoost, a leading provider of consumer cell phone signal booster kits, announced today the zBoost dual band line of cell phone signal booster kits received Federal Communications Commission (FCC) certification complying with all requirements for the new technical standards. The new zBoost line leverages zBoost’s award-winning technology to provide consumers with a line of intelligent and easy to setup (no knobs) cell phone signal booster kits that minimizes dead zones, reduces dropped calls and increases 3G data. The new FCC certification applies to 80% of the zBoost consumer products including the popular zBoost SOHO line, designed for consumers; the zBoost REACH line, designed for the signal-challenged urban and rural markets; and the zBoost line aimed at larger homes needing greater coverage.
Wishing you the Luck O’ The Irish on this St. Patrick’s Day, 2014. Most people have come to associate St. Patrick’s day and the Irish with parades, parties, shamrock’s, leprechaun’s and a lot of Green! But did you also know that Ireland is a great location for startup companies?
According to Enterprise Ireland, the Irish Government is committed financially to bringing some of the world’s best research talent to Ireland. In fact, Ireland has become a world leader in a number of key innovative sectors such as ICT, life sciences, financial services and gaming. Some interesting facts:
- Ireland is the internet and games capital of Europe
- Most global players in the ICT sector - from Google, Facebook, eBay and PayPal to smaller specialist companies – have chosen Ireland for major operations focussed on international markets Continue reading
We are proud to announce that Frank Marks, the president and CEO of ChemFree, a resident of Gwinnettt Innovation Park has been named a winner of the GLOBE Awards.
The Georgia Department of Economic Development announced the winners of the GLOBE (Georgia Launching Opportunities By Exporting) Awards during the Go Global Reception on Monday, February 17, 2014. Georgia’s first annual GLOBE Awards recognized 53 companies who entered into a new international market in 2013.. Georgia’s first annual GLOBE Awards recognized 53 companies who entered into a new international market in 2013.
For a full listing of all the winners go to http://www.georgia.org/business-resources/international-trade/globe-award-winners/
Presidents Day honors the life and work of our first president, George Washington. George Washington was born on February 22 but President’s Day 2014 will take place on Monday, February 17.
We all know many facts about George Washington. First American president, commander of the Continental Army, president of the Constitutional Convention, and gentleman planter.
However, some facts that are not as well-known about George Washington include:
- He never lived in Washington DC – although he helped plan the city, capital and white house
- He declined to run for a 3rd term of office – even with overwhelming support he chose to retire and allow the people to choose a new leader
- He never had any children – though referred to as “The Father of our Country”
- He did not belong to a political party – he feared the power could be abused
- He never attended college – he pursued a strict self-education program
- His teeth were not made of wood – they are made of a combination of animal bone, ivory and human teeth
Hope you have an enjoyable President’s Day.
If you live in or around Atlanta, you or a family member unfortunately felt the effects of the winter storm that hit Tuesday, January 28, 2014.
All major highways as well as secondary roads were in complete gridlock for many hours during the day and over night. There were countless commuters stranded in their cars anywhere from many hours to overnight and well into the morning hours. A lot did not make it home. Some spent the night in their cars, while others were able to pull over and walk home or to find shelter elsewhere.
There are also countless stories of goodwill where strangers came to the assistance of those in need; providing food, water (and hot chocolate) and shelter to those stranded.
It’s nice to remember that there are so many compassionate and good people everywhere and around Atlanta.
Dr. King was one of the great leaders of the of our time. As we remember an extraordinary leader and visionary we should ponder some of his leadership lessons. Entrepreneurs can benefit a great deal by considering these lessons that Dr. King gave the world. Adam Toren of Entrepreneur.com writes about some of the lessons we can learn from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- You Must Have Total Commitment to Your Cause – Although King was arrested, assaulted, threatened and hated by many, he stayed committed to his vision. Dr. King led a social movement for equality during a difficult a time and against many odds.
- Disrupting the Status Quo is Essential for Change - Change isn’t easy, but sometimes doing things completely different is required for progress. If people continue to think the same way, then how can results be different? Dr. King knew that because things were always done a certain way did not make it right.
- Have A Dream… Then Communicate it and do it – Anyone can dream. Not everyone can make it a reality. True leaders take their dreams to the next level by communicating and putting them into action. Dr. King understood this concept and made his dream take shape by his communication and actions.
To read the entire article: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/230958#ixzz2r32swmCC
Wishing you a Peaceful, Joyful, Hopeful, Holiday Season and New Year!
Small Business Owners are looking toward the new year with a desire to get rid of outdated technology, spend more time on healthy living, and lead their teams more effectively.
Catherine Clifford of Entrepreneur Magazine outlines some of these changes and sites an infographic generated by Los Angeles-based Internet service company j2 Global. Among the findings, entrepreneurs are planning to shed inefficient technology and move more services to the cloud, plan to spend more time working out, as well as offer more flexible working conditions for team members.
To read the entire article, go to http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/230347
Online theft of private information has hit an all time high, so having a strong password is more important than ever before. We’ve all heard that it’s a bad idea to reuse the same password on multiple sites, but it’s also important to have strong and effective passwords.
Suzanne Kantra at Techlicious describes in her article The Easy Way to Make Strong Passwords, some great tips for strong passwords. Kantra states that the usual definition of a strong password is one that has:
- at least 8 characters (the longer the better),
- a mixture of upper and lower-case letters,
- special characters, such as “!” “#” and “?” (if the site or service allows)
In fact, she claims that the biggest determinate of strength is length of password. Short passwords are much easier to break.
To test the strength of your password, you can go to PassFault.com, a site created by a well-respected computer-security expert, according to Kantra. At this site you can get an estimate of how long it would take to crack your password. Ideally, passwords should last centuries, but at the very least take a year or more to crack.
Keeping track of many unique passwords can be difficult, so a password manager can be helpful. There are some available for your computer such as Mozilla Firefox Web browser. It’s also important to keep up with your smartphone passwords as well. Norton Identity Safe (free on Norton.com) works on PCs, Macs, Android devices and iOS devices. It will store your passwords under one strong password, as well as other security features.
To read the entire article go to http://www.techlicious.com/how-to/the-easy-way-to-make-strong-passwords/