Last Friday The Entrepreneurs Hub (eHub) sponsored a 2-hour event conducted by start-up catalyst, Jacqui Chew. This event covered social media strategy basics including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Here are a few highlights from the event.
- To start the event off Ms. Chew showed an amazing video on socialnomics –based on the book by Erik Qualman- that got the participants hyped for the session.
- Social media is not an actual conversation, it’s a place or channel where conversation takes place.
- When using social media as a medium for marketing, it is important to decide your basic pitch and your basic objective such as sales, awareness or customer loyalty.
- Defining your audience is an important part of the process so that you can focus your social media campaign.
- And the final top thing learned at this fast paced 2-hour session – passion is the glue in social media because it humanizes the experience for the audience, which traditional advertising and marketing cannot do.
After the workshop, several of the participants took a tour of the Entrepreneurs Hub (eHub) coworking facilities including the offices, conference rooms, break room and reception area.
The next workshop in the series will be on July 9th from 8-10am. The topic is Using Google Adwords and includes setting up an account and campaign plus analyzing the results.