Entrepreneur hub hosted another successful Social Media Event this past Friday. Sharon Cuppett taught the workshop and helped the attendees set up their own accounts and improve existing ones. Here are the 5 top tips Cuppett taught at this workshop.
- Increase your visibility. By having an account your LinkedIn profile will show up in search engine results for your name.
- If you are going to an interview use LinkedIn to research the company and people you are meeting to make it go smoother.
- Ask business related questions to other business contacts you know or to whole networks, such as your college graduating class.
- Make sure that you have a picture so that someone searching for you will pick the right person. Also make sure it is professional, as this isn’t your Facebook page.
- Gauge the health of companies or whole industries, and track startups by using the search tools available.