Father’s Day is just around the corner. Many of us don’t always appreciate our dads wisdom and insight. Bill Murphy, Jr. recently described his own father’s wisdom in, 17 Daily Habits My Dad Insists Will Make You Happier and More Successful. Murphy states:
“Want to improve your life, one daily habit at a time? My dad offers some pretty good advice.”
- Carpe diem – “Seize The Day” No matter what has happened yesterday or last week, every new day has potential for a new opportunity.
- Spend as much time as you can with the people you love – Whether it is your spouse, children, parents, siblings, friends, or neighbors, take a lot of time to be with those who are important to you.
- At the same time, love the ones you’re with – Be respectful and show genuine concern for the people around you. According to Bill Murphy Sr., “That is simply, love everyone,”
- Work hard – We can’t always control results, but we can control our effort. Always put your best effort into your work.
- Repeat as needed – Last but not least, all of the daily habits are to be just that…daily habits. These are not one time actions but lifetime behaviors.
Aristotle put it best: “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
Be sure to read all of the 17 habits and the entire article here.